Emt64

Tylko tematy nie mieszczące się powyżej.
LordD
Piegowaty Guziec
Piegowaty Guziec
Wersja Ubuntu: 9.10
Środowisko graficzne: KDE Plasma
Architektura: x86_64
Kontakt:

Emt64

Post autor: LordD »

Otóż jak się okazuje Intel wali niezłą ściemę nazywając swoje procesory 64bitowymi, gdyż technologia EMT64 (Extended Memory Technology 64) oznacza jedynie możliwość obsługi 64bitowych procedur i nie oznacza to że dany procesor jest autentycznie 64bitowy. W związku z tym czy pod intelowski procesor z technologią EMT64 jest sens dobierać dystrybucję skompilowaną pod 64bity (amd64)? Ciekawy też jestem jak to widzą użytkownicy dystrybucji typu source-based.

The EMT64 chips are still 32 bit chips.
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/37587/
Intel will not have any 64 bit consumer chips until next year. EMT64 (Extended Memory Technology 64) chips allow a P4 chip to use the same registers that a 64 bit chip accesses, so that they can use more than the 4GB that a non-EMT64 P4 can access. As a side advantage of this, the chip can "execute" the x86 code, but it does so through emulation using a 32 bit thunking layer. It does not run the 64 bit OS as a 64 bit OS, but as a thunked OS. This is slow and clumsy at best. The point I am trying to make is that the EMT64 bit chips *ARE NOT* 64 bit chips. They are able to use certain functions of the x86 extensions that allow it to access the same registers, but that is all. It is *NOT* a 64 bit chip, not will it ever be. Intel has announced that it *WILL* produce 64 bit chips next year. I want those who are considering buying a 64 bit computer to understand that while the EMT64 can emulate execution of the code, it is *NOT* a 64 bit chip. Never was, never will be.
[r4]
Przebojowy Jelonek
Przebojowy Jelonek
Wersja Ubuntu: 12.10
Środowisko graficzne: Xfce
Architektura: x86

Odp: Emt64

Post autor: [r4] »

Ale te twoje nowosci pochodza sprzed czterech lat bez mala! I w glownej mierze dotycza "przerobionych" Pentium 4. W dobie Core 2 chyba nie ma nad czym sie rozwodzic...
I believe not drinking is actually the best way to not get a hangover in the first place.
Coincidentally, it's also the best way to not enjoy your life.
ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Inne”